Central Wisconsin Career Opportunities
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST
Green Bay & Wausau Locations
Date Posted: 3/28/17
Are you tired of working in a corporate environment where you desperately want to make a difference and feel good about what you do every day? Do you have a passion for recruitment? Do you enjoy getting out of the office and establishing relationships and connections in the community? Then this is the opportunity for you. Caravel Autism Health is a leading provider of in-home therapy to children on the autism spectrum. We are currently seeking two full-time Talent Acquisition Specialists who will creatively source, interview, and select candidates, as well as coordinate outreach efforts with a variety of sources. One position will be located in Green Bay, and one position will split time between Green Bay and Wausau.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of recruiting related experience in a high volume, metrics driven recruitment environment, a Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline (HR preferred), and previous experience utilizing HR technologies including ATS’, skype, video interviewing, etc. Must be results oriented, proactive in sourcing approaches, possess the ability to establish and develop relationships, “sell” the organization to candidates, and open to frequent travel within Northeast and Northcentral Wisconsin.
Human Resources Specialist
Longfellow Administration Center
415 Seymour Street
Wausau WI 54403
7.5 hours/day (8:00 am - 4:30 pm) 260 days/year
$22.00 to $24.00/hour (commensurate with skills and experience)
The Wausau School District is seeking a Human Resources Specialist to assist the Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations by providing direct management, oversight, and/or support in key areas such as the Employee Handbook, support staff employment, support staff data management, and FMLA.
Primary job functions:
- Manage all aspects of the hiring process for support staff (administrative assistants, paraprofessionals, custodial and maintenance, nutrition services, and municipal employees).
- Data management of support staff employee information using the Skyward human resources information system and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Data analysis and reporting to inform staffing decisions.
- Administer and process teacher/certified and support employee time off and leaves of absence in accordance with the Employee Handbook.
- Administer and ensure compliance with all aspects of State, Federal, and District FMLA guidelines.
- Provide the Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations with background information to aid in the development or revisions of the Employee Handbook, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with and support all aspects of the Employee Handbook (e.g., respond to telephone, email and in-person requests/inquiries related to Employee Handbook provisions, District policies, and procedures).
- Provide Director of Human Resources and Employee Relations with background information on various employee relations topics to aid in the decision-making process.
- Maintain an accurate Human Resources Department budget, process payments, and order department supplies.
- Associate's Degree in Human Resources, or training and equivalent experience in Human Resources management, business, or a related field required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or Business Administration desired.
- SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP Certification desired.
- Work experience in Human Resources desired
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant, or equivalent business/professional office experience required.
- Strong, positive interpersonal skills. Ability to maintain good rapport and trust with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work with confidential information in a professional manner.
- Well developed writing skills, and the ability to edit/proofread professional documents.
- Ability to learn tasks and adhere to prescribed departmental and District procedures and policies.
- Ability to interpret and administer employment law.
- Dependable and self-directed; ability to accurately assess situations, identify needs, and take initiative.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of technology--HRIS, spreadsheets, word processing, and databases. Experience with Skyward and WECAN desired.
- Highly organized--ability to prioritize work and multi-task in a service environment.
- Detail-oriented--ability to prepare and maintain detailed records with accuracy.
All applicants must apply on-line through the Wisconsin Education Center Access Network (WECAN): https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/ Posting #3758
Human Resources Assistant
General Summary:Provides administrative support to the Human Resources department with a customer focus and effective HR support service to the organization to achieve the organization goals and objectives while maintaining confidentiality, high quality standards, safely and efficiently, and other duties as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Serves as department receptionist, answering department calls and greeting visitors, routing the person or call appropriately and timely. Responds to routine customer requests and questions.
· Interacting with and supplying information to employees, department heads, and job applicants.
· Provides administrative assistance to the Human Resources Manager as requested including typing documents, scheduling meetings, conducting simple research, creating forms, etc.
· Establishing, maintaining and controlling personnel and medical files.
· Preparing paperwork needed to create new employee profile and to place new employee on payroll.
· Providing assistance in hiring process activities by assisting applicants with the ATS.
· Maintains Human Resources office including stocking forms, emptying mailboxes, and cleanliness. Distributes material to be posted in break rooms and performs mail runs on a daily basis.
· Prepares material for orientation including packets, parking passes, job descriptions, etc.
· Assist with the maintenance of employee recognition programs.
· Maintains personnel and medical files by creating files, filing documentation, and processing terminated files.
· Assists with department projects such as but not limited to company picnic, community projects, wellness programing, apparel sales, benefit open enrollment, etc.
· Assists with planning organizational training and development efforts as request by Human Resources Manager.
· Performs all job duties in the most efficient and effective way always looking for process improvement opportunities.
· Presents a professional image of Crystal Finishing Systems, Inc.
· Maintains confidentiality of business, employee, and candidate information.
· Adheres to established safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all team members.
· Participates in continuous improvement to reduce costs associated with quality issues and waste.
· Understands the Quality Management System as it relates to Human Resources standards.
· Works in an office setting supporting a manufacturing environment.
· Normal office hours with a periodic need for weekend or evening work.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
· Knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures normally acquired by completion of an Associate Degree in Business or Human Resources or equivalent work experience.
· Three or more years of experience working in Human Resources in a manufacturing setting desired.
· Previous experience with ECI Empower beneficial.
· Excellent internal and external customer service skills required.
· Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
· Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
· Requires excellent oral and written communication skills. High levels of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and/or conflicting situations.
Crystal Finishing Systems, Inc. offers a competitive benefit and compensation package. This is a full time position, working from 7:00am – 4:00pm with a 60 minute non-paid lunch.
Interested candidates should apply online at: www.crystalfinishing.com/careers.cfm
Crystal Finishing Systems, Inc.
2614 Ross Ave
Schofield WI 54476
Senior HR Generalist - Posted 3/8/17
Harley-Davidson Motor Company in Tomahawk, WI has a great opportunity to join our HR Business Services team. As a Senior HR Generalist, you will work collaboratively to support an assigned client group within Harley-Davidson’s manufacturing function to ensure we are leveraging our people processes and relationships to drive better business results. This includes fair and consistent application of people policies and programs including; performance management, talent acquisition (hourly and salaried), total rewards, employee/labor relations, workforce planning and analytics for assigned groups.
If you are a champion of change that leads through influence with all levels of leadership in ways that best drives the execution of our company strategies and short-term goals, then this position may be something to consider. Become are trusted business partners that understands the business and apply best in class people concepts, practices, principles and theories to everything you do. This position actively develops self and others to maximize skill sets and exceed customer expectations.
The diverse backgrounds of our team members helps to drive an inclusive environment where we value people, growth, excellence and accept nothing less than world-class results. We work hard and play hard to operate as one team and take advantage of everything that a company like Harley-Davidson has to offer!
A Bachelor's degree in HR or a related field is preferred. An advanced degree is a plus. HR Certification (SPHR or PHR) is desired.
We are looking for someone with:
- A broad Human Resources background equivalent to what would be developed over five (5) or more years of human resources experiences.
- Demonstrated competence in recruiting and placement for various level positions.
- Knowledge of professional guidelines in selection procedures, equal employment opportunity law and affirmative action compliance requirements, as well as labor standards and labor relations principals.
- The ability to be forward thinking and strategic with respect to HR processes and systems, creating a climate for change.
- The ability to influence in the organization to affect change.
- An understanding of basic principles of compensation theory.
- Demonstrated organization and planning skills.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a strong plus.
Wausau Window and Wall Systems
Wausau Window and Wall Systems is seeking a payroll coordinator to join their Human Resources department. Wausau is an industry leader in engineered window and curtainwall systems for hospitals, schools, universities, government facilities and commercial buildings. World-renowned architects and building developers turn to Wausau for highly engineered, top-quality aluminum window and curtainwall systems for many of America's famous buildings and skyscrapers.
The HR/Payroll Coordinator is responsible for processing company payroll, managing payroll-related policy administration, handling company benefits, coordinating company communications, planning employee events and other HR assistant-related activities.
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Process bi-weekly payroll and related reporting activities utilizing ADP HRIS system. Create monthly and ad hoc data reports.
- System administration of timekeeping system – manage eTime system set up, security, assist and train users.
- Benefits administration – manages orientation and enrollment process, answers employee questions, handles communications, and participates in Apogee-level projects including wellness committee.
- Manage Epicor MES maintenance of employee-specific data.
- Review and process requests for information for unemployment claims.
- Support recruiting efforts by coordinating postings, scheduling interviews, reference checks, etc.
- May handle recruiting for temporary/hourly positions.
- Generate required recordkeeping and data reporting for federal affirmative action programs.
- Manage facility key card and ID badges.
- Respond to wage and employment verifications.
- Maintains employee photo directory.
- Create new hire packets and complete eVerify process. Create and maintain employee files.
- Coordinate employee communications – including Newsline and intranet.
- Maintain company bulletin boards with legal required postings.
- Coordinate meetings and employee events (quarterly meetings, company functions, etc.).
- Manage attendance occurrence reporting and tracking of associate disciplinary actions.
- Apply Lean principles in own work and support continuous improvement across company.
- Adhere to established Policies, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Undertake job responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company's Core Values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned and required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Qualified candidates will have a minimum of an associate’s degree and 3-5 years HR/administrative experience using similar computer applications, ADP and eTime experience preferred. Will consider candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related discipline with less experience. Prior payroll experience required.
SKILL and KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent math and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player who can work effectively with a variety of people.
- Service orientation
- Initiative and ability to work independently
- Professional and confidential in work habits
- Ability to execute multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent Computer Skills:
- HRIS/payroll software (ADP, eTime preferred)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Some knowledge of current employment practices, regulations and benefits preferred
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
Mostly an office environment with occasional visits to the manufacturing floor. The noise levels in the work environment are usually moderate.
Travel requirements are infrequent.
Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Human Resources Assistant
Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics is currently seeking a full time HR Assistant. The position is responsible for carrying out various HR programs and procedures for all employees. The HR Assistant serves as the first contact for all Human Resource requests.
The qualified candidates will have:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional oral/written communication skills
- Effective analytical ability to solve complex problems and issues
- General Knowledge of the principles and practices of HR
- Proficient with computer skills to include: Microsoft Excel Word and HRIS software
- Two or more years of previous Human Resource experience providing direct support to employees
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- First line of customer contact for all customers seeking services from Human Resources to include in-person visits and phone calls.
- Record and file all health records; track all new employee TB skin test(s) and other necessary forms to completion.
- Handles all correspondence that comes into the department and distributes it.
- Maintains supplies for the HR Department and places purchase orders as needed.
- For some positions, prescreen applicants for interest and eligibility prior to forwarding applications to the department director for further consideration.
- Coordinates scheduling of applicants for the interview process, when needed.
- Assists applicants with the online application process.
New Hire Process:
- Makes New Hire physical/health requirements appointments, along with Benefits and Compensation specialist.
- Makes employee badges including taking the employee's picture and assigns security as needed.
- E-mails pre-employment paperwork and follows up on processing of new hire paperwork.
- Processes Criminal Background Checks on all new hires.
- Completes E-Verification on all new hires.
HRIS & Payroll System:
- Assists with time keeping system to include doing time sheets for payroll.
- Performs necessary scheduled maintenance on the time clocks.
- Trains new employees how to use the time keeping system.
- Assists in maintaining current and accurate employee payroll information.
- Acts as a backup to HRIS Specialist when running payroll.
HR Special Projects:
- Provides accurate and up-to-date reports.
- Acts as the administrator to HealthStream: By creating HealthStream modules, courses, and classes to assist the Clinical Educator, assigns competency modules in HealthStream to all employees, tracks completion of annual competencies, and enters wellness activities and educational activities into HealthStream.
- Inputs and tracks employee licensing/certifications to ensure compliance within Lawson.
- Processes and tracks tuition reimbursements.
- Helps with scheduling students for job shadows, internships, and mentorships, while also collecting paperwork and creating badges
- Leads projects as assigned.
- Has working knowledge of personnel policies and procedures, Aspirus Medford Hospital & Clinics benefit program and employment laws and regulations.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding policies, procedures, benefits or has knowledge of who to refer to within department.
Experience the difference of working at Aspirus Medford! For more information regarding this job opportunity, please visit our website at www.aspirus.org. Applications are available on-line.
135 S. Gibson Street
Medford, WI 54451
Talkent Acquisition Specialist- FM87
Talent Acquisition Specialist – FM87
Do you want to join an organization with challenging work assignments where you can build rewarding relationships and make a significant impact on the company’s future? Join Sentry as a Talent Acquisition Specialist. Sentry’s team is growing and seeking an individual to fill this highly visible role in which you’ll be able to network and develop quality applicant pools as you help attract top talent to Sentry. This role gives you the opportunity to build and maintain relationships with a variety of individuals both inside and outside the organization.
We’re interested in the best talent and expect our Talent Acquisition team to utilize their great attitudes, proactive approach and ability to look for new and innovative ways to bring top talent to Sentry.
What You’ll Do
You’ll support work within our Talent Acquisition (TA) team to staff positions and oversee the recruiting process. Day to day functions include managing the full recruitment cycle. This includes workforce planning, intake and requisition process, screening and presentation of candidates, coordinating communications all the way to final offer before passing new hires on at onboarding.
To be most effective, as a member of our TA team, you will collaborate with hiring managers to establish a recruiting strategy that focuses on current departmental needs, but has an eye on the future and potential changes. This strategy may vary by position, but will be one that attracts talented candidates to Sentry.
Sourcing for Sentry positions will leverage the relationships of our TA team and our business partners, as well as, job boards, social media resources, online databases, employee referrals, established pipelines and more. You will influence these results by developing and maintaining strong relationships with candidates to keep them engaged throughout the hiring process. Expectations may include leveraging a variety of sourcing tools, soliciting of referrals and utilizing sales skills to help generate interest from passive candidates.
You will help the hiring team determine qualified candidates by reviewing resumes for experience and knowledge, conducting initial interviews, verifying references, and performing background checks.
What it Takes
2-5 years of HR/recruiting experience. Undergraduate degree in HR, Business, Communications is preferred
Work history in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
Solid understanding of fair employment practices
Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Strong relationship building and management skills
Technologically savvy including the ability to adapt to changing technologies
Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines under pressure
Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with high level of ethics and integrity
What You’ll Receive
Sentry's excellent benefits package is designed to meet today's most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first six percent
Comprehensive paid training
Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry's leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
So make the right choice - with great potential for growth, an outstanding 401(k) program and a schedule that offers you a balance between your work and life, choose the company with the strength and stability to offer it all. Choose Sentry Insurance.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online at: https://jobs.sentry.com/search/119187
If you are interested in posting your HR position to the CWSHRM website, please send the posting information and/or job description to CentralWisconsinSHRM@gmail.com.
Positions will be posted for 30 days unless specified.
Interested in posting your HR position at the state level? The WISHRM HR Job Bank was established to attract candidates for your open human resources positions and at the same time facilitate the continuing development of the human resources community throughout the State of Wisconsin. Click on one of the following links for more information on that topic or click here to go to the WISHRM HR Job Bank home page.
Serving communities throughout Wisconsin including Appleton, Central Wisconsin, Eau Claire, Green Bay, La Crosse, Madison, Milwaukee, St. Croix Valley, and many more.
SHRM - Career Center
SHRM’s HRJobs helps HR professionals find HR professionals. HRJobs’s reach and collection of tools assists both the employer and job seeker. Click on one of the following links for more information on that topic or click here to visit to the SHRM HRJob's home page.