Welcome to the CWSHRM website, owned and produced by the Central Wisconsin chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (CWSHRM). CWSHRM is an affiliate of SHRM, the leading membership association for the human resource profession. Our website is available to all visitors, although some content and features are restricted to CWSHRM members.
Throughout CWSHRM’s website, there are forms for visitors to request information, products, and services. These forms may ask for contact information (such as your phone number or e-mail address), unique identifiers (such as a membership number, if one is available), or demographic information (for example, your age, location, PHR/SPHR designation, etc.). Contact information from these forms is used to provide you with the materials that you request. Unique identifiers (specifically, member numbers) are collected to verify the user's identity for access to restricted content or features on the site.
- What information of yours does CWSHRM collect through this website?
- What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
- How does CWSHRM use the information it collects?
- How can you modify your CWSHRM member information?
- What is the opt-out policy for CWSHRM Online?
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to:
The Central Wisconsin Society for Human Resources Management
CWSHRM Online will update this policy from time to time, so please check back periodically.
1. What information of yours does CWSHRM collect through this website?
Our goal is to become your destination for local HR-related information by providing information and services that are most relevant to you in the most convenient way. To achieve this goal, CWSHRM collects information about site visitors.
Information collected online is usually defined as being either anonymous or personally identifiable.
Anonymous information refers to data that cannot be tied back to a specific individual. CWSHRM collects some information each time a visitor comes to a CWSHRM website, so we can improve the overall quality of the visitor's online experience. For example, CWSHRM collects the visitor's IP address, browser, and platform type (e.g., a Netscape browser on a Windows platform). Gathering this data helps us to learn what browsers we need to support. Other anonymous information helps us determine what sections of CWSHRM’s website are most popular and how many visitors come to our site(s). You do not have to register with CWSHRM before we can collect this anonymous information.
Personally identifiable information refers to data that tells us specifically who you are (e.g., your name and postal address). You are only required to provide such information if you want to take advantage of optional products and services provided through our website(s).
CWSHRM collects personal information in the following ways from different parts of its website(s):
- CWSHRM Membership Applications: You are sharing personally identifiable information, including your name and mailing address, with us when you join CWSHRM or renew your CWSHRM membership through our website. As features of this website or added and enhanced CWSHRM members may be given a CWSHRM membership number, and this member ID and password enables members to take advantage of restricted content and features on the CWSHRM website.
- Other Registration: You may be asked for personal information when registering for specific services.
2. What organization collects the information and who has access to it?
Data collected through CWSHRM's website is generally collected and maintained solely by CWSHRM. More specifically:
- Personally identifiable information. When you provide personally identifiable information on CWSHRM’s website to register for a service, that information is collected and maintained solely by CWSHRM, unless specifically stated otherwise at the point of collection. CWSHRM will inform you at the point of collection if your personal data is being shared with another organization. If you do not want to share your information with that company, you can choose not to use that service.
If you join CWSHRM or renew your membership through our website, you provide personally identifiable information on the membership application. CWSHRM does not sell mailing lists (names and mailing addresses) of members to third parties.
3. How does CWSHRM use the information it collects?
CWSHRM collects information to provide you with the services you request and to improve our website.
If you join CWSHRM or renew your CWSHRM membership through our website, we use the personally identifiable information you provide in the membership application to send you CWSHRM publications, information about member benefits and special offers, and other information that CWSHRM believes is relevant and useful to its members.
CWSHRM may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide information on individual users to the appropriate governmental authorities. In matters involving a danger to personal or public safety, CWSHRM may voluntarily provide information to appropriate governmental authorities.
4. How can CWSHRM members modify their personal information?
CWSHRM members have the following options for changing and modifying information previously provided.
E-mail: Chapter Membership Director or CentralWisconsinSHRM@gmail.com
5. What is the opt-out policy for CWSHRM?
CWSHRM provides members and customers the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners. If you no longer wish to receive communications or services, you have the following options:
You can send an e-mail to: Chapter Secretary or CentralWisconsinSHRM@gmail.com
Instructions for opting out of any CWSHRM e-mail newsletter you receive are included with each e-mail.
6. What kinds of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
CWSHRM has security measures, such as firewalls, in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your user data under our control. While we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration to data will not occur; we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
You are ultimately responsible for the security of your CWSHRM member ID and password (if applicable). You may not share your CWSHRM member ID and password with colleagues or friends so they can access content or features on CWSHRM Online that are restricted to CWSHRM members only. You should log out of your browser at the end of each computer session to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence, especially if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.